Pay it Forward

Pay it forward with a twist

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 18

With only 12 days to go, Today I saw a lady at the metro station with 4 children (the oldest was no more than 6 years old). She was struggling to get them all through the gate, as she had approximately 6 pieces of luggage. She seemed really stressed and was instructing the kids not to go any further while she pullled the luggage through the gate. I told her I would get the rest of her luggage while she waited with her children. I assured her that I was not going to take her belongings and simply wanted to help. She seemed relieved and I assisted her with getting her belongings. Today not only do I thank God for perfect health but I also send up thanks for not having any kids :-) just kidding

1 comment:

  1. On my first day of training for a new job, I noticed that the hygiene of one of my co-workers wasn't where a "clean" adult's should be. The more we got to know each other throughout the week, the more I found out more about her. I was driving off from work on the very first day of training (a few days ago) and saw her walking away from our building. My guess was that she didn't have a car so I turned around and went to offer her a ride home or to where ever she needed to go. She was gone by the time I made a U-turn; it was like she vanished.

    So this brings me to today. As it turns out, she has 6 children and no car. My heart sunk when I tried to fatham how she could have no transportation, come to work daily and take care of six children. I told her that from this day forward, if she ever needs a ride to or from work, to just ask me and I'd be glad to take her where she needs to go. Something so small as driving doesn't even cross my mind daily. I hate it when I take little things for granted. I complain about putting gas in my car but at least I have a car to put it in.

    *continuing to do His works*

    ReplyDelete